Date: Aug 12, 4 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany’s most recognized building.
Never intended for public eyes, the interior of this fantastic castle is visited by millions of visitors each year, and was the inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland! You will also visit one of King Ludwig’s favorite childhood homes, Hohenschwangau, a ruined medieval castle, purchased and rebuilt by Ludwig's father, King Maximillian II. After visiting both castles, you will still have time for a leisurely lunch break, and souvenir shopping, before your return to Baumholder.
Departure: 4 a.m. on Saturday from Wagon Wheel Theater, Smith Barracks, Bldg. 8125
Return: Around 11 p.m.
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes* and clothing
- Still or video camera**
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- VAT forms
- Military ID
*Both castles have many stairs to climb (Neuschwanstein has over 300 of them) and are on top of large hills.
**Taking pictures or video, strollers and large backpacks are not allowed inside the castles.
- Adults: $99 per person
- Children under 12: $79 p.c.
- Round trip transportation
- Admission to and guided tour of Hohenschwangau Castle
- Admission to and guided tour of Neuschwanstein Castle
- Bus or horse drawn carriage fare to either castle
Reserve your space: Before the Wednesday prior to trip departure
- Tel: +49 (0)6783-6-7182
- Military DSN Tel: (314)485-7182