- German Hunting and Fishing Courses
- Trap and Skeet Range
- Rolling Rabbit Range
- Paintball Field
- Equipment Check Out Center and Resale Store
- ATV and UTV Tours
- Adventure and Leisure Travel
Outdoor recreation offers a variety of activities that would interest any sports or outdoors enthusiast, to include:
- White-Water Rafting
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Day and weekend trips to numerous European cities
- Cultural events and festivals
- Theme parks
- And much, much more
- Trip Cancellation Policies
Outdoor Recreation Standard Trip Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure.
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of or reason for that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Cancellations made up to 7 days prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made 7 to 3 days prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for cancellations made 3 days or less prior to departure or for no-shows.
- Instructional Courses
Do you want to learn something new? We offer instructional courses to help you begin your new adventure the right way.
- SCUBA Diving Certification
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting and Fishing License
- Trap and Skeet
- Paintball Play Days
- Indoor / Outdoor Climbing
- White Water and Canoeing
- ATV and UTV Instruction
All programs listed above offer instructional courses from beginner to expert and are offered on a seasonal basis. Please contact Outdoor Recreation directly to inquire on courses and schedules.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rental
Adult Ski Equipment Daily Weekend (Fri.-Mon.) Week Adult Ski Set $20 $40 $80 Skis $15 $30 $60 Ski Boots $10 $20 $40 Ski Poles $5 $10 $15 Helmet $5 $10 $20 Children Ski Equipment Daily Weekend (Fri.-Mon.) Week Children Ski Set $15 $30 $70 Skis $10 $20 $40 Boots $5 $10 $20 Poles $3 $6 $10
Adult Season Rental: $185
Youth Season Rental: $145
Snowboard Equipment Daily Weekend (Fri.-Mon.) Week Adult Snowboard Set $20 $40 $80 Snowboard $15 $30 $60 Binding $10 $20 $30 Youth Snowboard Set $15 $30 $70 Youth Board $10 $20 $40 Youth Binding $5 $10 $20 Youth Boots $5 $10 $20 Snowboard Helmet $5 $10 $20 Ski & Snowboard Tuning Price Edge $15 Wax $15 Full Tune (Base Grind and Structured) $30 P-TEX (Base Repair) $10-$30
- All equipment must be returned clean and dry by 5:30 p.m. on the due date
- By renting ski and snowboard equipment, you assume all liability for damage and personal injury
- Customers will be held financially liable for damaged or destroyed equipment
- Fitting and other processing of ski and snowboard equipment cannot be performed on the date of departure for an ODR trip.
- Lost/Stolen equipment must be replaced. Stolen equipment must be reported to the Military Police
- No equipment may be picked up or dropped off during non-operationg hours
- Ski Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
- Snowboard Package includes: Snowboard, bindings and boots
- Campgrounds and Rentals
Get back to nature and go camping. Five minutes from main post near Rolling Hills Golf Course, ODR Campgrounds are available for rent all year round. ODR has 40 RV sites, three group sites for up to 100 people. RV and group sites include a fire pit and grill. Call Outdoor Recreation to reserve a space today.
Also, if you are looking for a great place to hold Unit Functions or Event, check out our pavilions located at Iron Soldier Park.
Campground Per Night Single Site $15 Group Site (with large fire pit_ $45 Yurt (Sleeps 4) $45
Seasonal Rental (Apr.-Oct.): $875
- Camping Equipment Rental Fees
Equipment Daily Fri.-Mon. Week 2 Person Tent $10 $20 $30 4 Person Tent $12 $24 $45 6 Person Tent $15 $30 $60 Sleeping Bag $5 $10 $15 Cooler $5 $10 $25 Stove $5 $10 $25 Lanterns $5 $10 $15 Water Sports Day Fri.-Mon. Week Kayak $20 $40 $100 Canoe $20 $40 $100 Paddleboard $20 $40 $100 Fishing Gear Day Fri.-Mon. Fishing Pole $5 $10 Fishing Net $3 $6
Miscellaneous Rental Items:
Equipment Day Fri.-Mon. Week Canopy 10x20 $25 $50 $125 Bouncy Castle $90 $180 Grill $50 $80 $200 Dunk Tank $50 $100 Tug-o-War Ropes $10 $15 $20 Fest Tables and Benches $5 $10 $25
Storage Unit: $100 per month
- Camping gear must be returned by 5:30 p.m. on the due date
- Camping gear must be returned clean, dry and serviceable or a $25.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
- Tents must be set up upon return.
- You must provide your own batteries for lanterns.
- Paintball Season
Come out to one of the largest Army Paintball fields in Europe offered through the Baumholder Outdoor Recreation (ODR) and try this thrilling activity and pump up your adrenaline!
Feel free to come out solo or with a group of friends to enjoy a day of excitement! We will organize two teams for continuous all day game play! We will run multiple team formatted games and allow players to enter throughout the day. You will learn to strategize and work as a team, with either friends or complete strangers.
- Vast selection of Paintball equipment for sale in the Pro Shop
- Open to ages 16 and older
- Field fees cover field use & air tank refills all day
- All game equipment available for purchase or rent
- Tire Town, White House, Bunkers and more in Paintball field
- Game format from Attack & Defend to Civil and Zombie War
- For Military Training and Private Parties call to make reservations
Paintball Fields are open from April through December months and close for Winter months. Contact Baumholder Outdoor Recreation for details.
- Paintball Rental Fees
Registration/Field Fee: $20
Basic Equipment Rental Fees:
Equipment Daily Rate Paintball Gun $10 Battle Pack/Ammo Belt $5 Protective Mask $5 Protective Vest $5
Package Daily Rate Full Equipment Rental & Field Fee $30
Miscellaneous Equipment Fees:
Equipment Daily Rate Case of Paint 2,000 balls $45 High end marker/rotor hopper $25
Special rates are offered for Unit Trainings, please inquire with our friendly staff for details.
- Warrior Adventure Quest
Join Army Outdoor Recreation for a wide variety of great adventure trips and activities offered as a part of the Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ) program! Soldiers are invited to take part in this interactive program to build camaraderie with other soldiers as they share the challenges (and even entertainment) of the activities offered.
Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ) program is endorsed by the Department of the Army under executive orders for all units pre and post deployment. Activities are designed to re-create the adrenaline rush of combat in a safe, supervised, controlled environment. WAQ builds cohesion, maintains combat readiness and helps Soldiers reach a 'new stage of normal' by diminishing boredom and high-risk behavior. Soldiers will be able to draw similarities between the activity and their combat experiences.
Throughout the year, units who wish to participate in WAQ will have the opportunity to take part in various activities offered through Army Outdoor Recreation. For specific dates and details, contact Army Outdoor Recreation.
For full details, qualifications, and eligibility, check out the Warrior Adventure Quest detail page.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What equipment is available for rental?
Baumholder Army Outdoor Recreation has a great selection of rental equipment. For winter, we offer skis, snowboards, booths, poles, and snow tubes. We offer camping tents ranging from 2 man tents to 6 man tents. We also offer 10x20 canopies. You can also rent coolers, lanterns, and grills. For a party or unit function, you can rent one of our many bounce houses, a dunk tank, tug of war ropes, horseshoes, washer toss and corn hole. We also offer fest tables and benchs.
2. What are the rates for equipment rental?
Rental item rates vary depending on the number of days being rented and the number of items. For a specific listing of rental items and their cost to rent, please scroll to the top of this page to locate the "Rental" blue drop-down accordions.
3. How do I sign up for a tour or event?
Customers can sign up in person or by calling Outdoor Recreation.
4. Who is eligible to go on Outdoor Recreation tours/events?
All authorized ID card holders (military, DoD civilians, family members and eligible contractors) may participate in Outdoor Recreation tours/events. Eligible customers may bring up to four guests and must accompany guests on tours.
5. How can I see upcoming trips?
Our website provides an up to date list of trips as far out as six months in advance. Feel free to view the "Trips & Events" Date List located at the top of this page or view our Outdoor Recreation Calendar for a list of upcoming trips and events.
6. How do I reserve a pavilion/canopy?
To reserve rental equipment, such as a canopy or tent, contact Army Outdoor Recreation at DSN: (314)531-3401 or Commercial: +49 (0)611-1435-313401. Equipment being reserved must be paid for in advance.
7. How early should I reserve equipment/bus/venue?
For equipment and our campsites/pavilions, it is recommended to reserve equipment as far in advance as you can to ensure availability; however, we accept reservations until they are booked. For trips, we appreciate that all sign ups be made no later than the Thursday prior to the trip departure.
8. Are there driving directions available?
Please use the "Google Map" icon at the top of this page for driving directions. Our facility can be accessed off base across from the Medical Kaserne gate .
9. Do you offer lessons (skiing, snowboarding, canoeing/kayaking)?
All of our Army Outdoor Recreation ski/snowboarding trips include free advice. With all of our canoeing/kayaking trips, we provide lessons before heading out on the water. All of the programs that we offer include instruction to include scuba and high ropes courses.
10. What are the cancellation policies for trips?
Our trip cancellation policy is located in the above drop-down accordion "Cancellation Policies".
11. Can I transfer my trip ticket to another person if I booked a trip and now cannot go on it?
Absolutely, as long as they are eligible to use our programs. Please call or visit prior to the trip departure to change the trip details.
12. If a trip is cancelled for any reason, will I get refunded/will the trip be rescheduled?
If the Outdoor Recreation cancels a trip due to weather, not enough participation, etc. you will receive a full refund, or you may transfer your trip booking to another trip for the same destination or one of your choice if the cost is the same.
Current Outdoor Recreation Services Offered (Within Current COVID 19 Guidelines)
|Retail Shop||Following COVID 19 Guidelines||Mon-Fri 10:00am-5:00pm|
|Bike Rental||E-Bike or Mountain Bike||By appointment only|
|Fishing Pole Rental||Limited fishing rods available||By appointment only|
|Trip Vouchers||$20 | $50 | $100 vouchers||Contact by phone|
|Storage Units||Rentals available||Contact by phone|
|Small Archery Range||Following COVID 19 Guidelines||By appointment only|
Outdoor Recreation is your one-stop shop for outdoor adventure and equipment rental. Meet new people, learn a new sport, or arrange a personalized activity for your own group of friends. Outdoor Recreation hosts families, singles and youth activities. From hut hikes in the Alps and bike trips through European villages, we can put you in touch with your favorite pastime. If you are planning a special event such as a community picnic, a unit organizational day, or a child’s birthday party, check out all of the great equipment offered by Outdoor Recreation.