- Work bays
- Machinery and diagnostic equipment
- General Services & Prices
We invite you to take advantage of our great Automotive Services offered!
- Used Car Sales
- Towing Service
- Roadside Assistance
- Auto Parts Sales
- Car Detailing
- "How-To" Classes
- Auto Resale Lot
- Welding Services
- Bay rentals & bench work spaces
- Storage lot, for cars being repaired only
- Various tools for rental
- Tire mounting and balancing
- And more...
Tire Mount & Balance - Steel/Aluminum wheels
$25 Per Tire
Tire Mount & Balance - LT and 235 to 245mm
$35 Per Tire
Tire Mount & Balance - 255mm or larger
$45 Per Tire
Low Profile (55 series sidewall and under)
$35 Per Tire
Low Profile (40-30 series sidewall)
$45 Per Tire
Rotation: Summer-Winter Swap
4 Wheel Rotation and Balance (up to 17”)
4 Wheel Rotation and Balance (18”- 19”)
4 Wheel Rotation and Balance (20” plus & LT)
Axle and Hub clean with Anti-Seize
$7.50 Per Axle
$2.50 Per 60gr Strip
$15 Per 15 minutes
***This facility is not liable for broken or damaged TPMS sensors and/or tires during tire changes***
*All pricing is subject to change and features basic pricing that may fluctuate depending on service provided and vehicle status.
- "Do-it-Yourself" Services & Prices
The Automotive Skills Center is primarily a "do it yourself" shop. We provide a great way to save money and utilize state of the art auto repair hand/pneumatic tools and instructions.
"Do-it-yourself" services are available and open for patron use.
Please take note, rental fees below may range based on duration of use and per item. Pricing may fluctuate depending on service provided and vehicle status.
Rental Service Pricing Flat Bay/Lift $10 per hour Assistant Fees $5 per 15 minutes Outside Storage in secured lot $2 per day Inside Storage in bay $10 per overnight Battery Charger/Tester $5 Pressure Washer $3 per 15 minutes Bag-Less Vacuum $2 per use
- Oil Change Services & Prices
The Automotive Skills Center is your resource for maintaining your vehicle, now we have made it even easier! Our friendly staff is now available to provide oil change services for you to take advantage of.
You can either provide your own oil and filter or you are welcome to choose from the small variety of oils available for purchase. Unfortunately, all patrons will need to bring their own filter, we currently do not have filters available for sale.
This services is available on a first come, first serve basis and is only provided up until one hour prior to close. Please plan accordingly.
Service Starting Prices* Labor: Oil change (Customer provided oil & filter) $25 Engine pan or cover removal/placement $5 Labor $5 per 15 minutes
*Starting Prices for Oil Change Services may vary. Please partner with our friendly staff for specifics and more information.
- Car Detailing Services & Pricing
The Automotive Skills Center offers car detailing services to assist with the cleaning of your car inside, outside, and under hood, hand wax, buffing, interior protectant and leather conditioner. You can chose one or all of these services offered pertaining to car detailing. Detailing can be tailored to fit your needs and budget.
Service Starting Prices* Small Sedan or Truck $85-$160 Midsize to Full Size Vehicles $100-$175 Minivan or Large SUV $140-$215 Excessive Cleaning Time (minimum of 1 hour) $25 Exterior Detail $175-$225 Interior Detail $200-275 Ultimate Buff & Polish $65 Leather Reconditioning $20 Engine Bay Cleaning $30 Under Body Cleaning $55
*Starting Prices for Car Detailing Services may vary based on condition and type of the vehicle. Please partner with our friendly staff for specifics and more information.
- Automotive Skills Center Policies
Use of the Automotive Skills Center work bays and rental services require patrons to sign and agree to our Automotive Skills Center Rules & Policies. Prior to entering, patrons will be asked to agree and sign to our policy.
The following covers the basic overview of our Rules & Policies:
- Offering or accepting money for repairs on POV's is prohibited. Patrons must be aware that if they have someone perform repairs on their own POV, they must be present at all times, no exception.
- Patrons will always wear eye protection properly when working underneath a vehicle
- No shorts or open-toe shoes are permitted while working on or around a vehicle
- No children under the age of 14 are permitted in the Automotive Skills Center
- Staff members will assist and train customers on proper lift operation
- Patrons are responsible for covering the costs of any broken or missing tools while signed-out. Price lists for tools can be found attached to tools boxes within the facility.
- Clean-up begins 30 minutes before closing. Last car will be authorized to enter the facility one hour prior to posted closing times.
- Patrons are responsible for cleaning their designated work area prior to leaving the Automotive Skills Center, to include sweeping area, cleaning the work benches utilized, using the spill absorbent (as needed), etc.
- Assistance fees start at $5 per 15 minutes.
- Auto Skills Parts Yard / Used Parts Sale
Need a part for your old car? The Baumholder Auto Skills has a Pick-n-Pull Parts Yard. The Baumholder Auto Skills' parts yard is packed with used auto pieces at incredibly low prices.
Come to the Automotive Skills Center for used parts on sale, to include winter tires, snow chains, first aid kits, winter triangles, windshields, fenders, radios, and more.
Contact us at Com: 0611-143-531-2949 or DSN 531-2949.
- Disposal of Non-Operable Vehicles
If you need to dispose of a non-operable vehicle, Baumholder Automotive Skills Center can help by towing any USAREUR car within a 30 kilometer radius of the Baumholder Military Community.
- Cost of disposal per car: $30
- Owner must have a valid USAREUR registration in their name and be present to sign the disposal documents.
- For eligibility, the owner must dispose of the vehicle at the Automotive Parts Yard.
- Assistance with preparation of the disposal documents and the license plate removal process will be provided.
- Used Car Sales
Get a great deal on a used car at the Automotive Skills Center! Periodically, the Automotive Skills Center has used vehicles available for patrons to purchase. So if you are looking for a used car, stop by to check what is currently available!
- Vehicles are stationed by the Wagon Wheel Theater, Smith Barracks, Bldg. 8167.
- All vehicles are sold "as is" and are available at great bargain prices.
- Patrons wishing to purchase the vehicles must have a valid USAREUR driver's license and be a U.S. ID card holder.
- The vehicles must be registered with USAREUR prior to removal from the auto lot.
Ask friendly staff for more details on registration requirements and procedures.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance
A beneficial service offered to ID Card Holders with proof of ownership (registration) anywhere in Germany for a minimal fee. Roadside assistance to include changing a flat tire or jump starting your vehicle.
This service is only available within the Baumholder Military Community during normal operating hours; otherwise, earlier or later times may be coordinated by appointment with the tow-truck driver.
Contact the Automotive Skills Center for more details.
Learn to perform repairs and maintenance on your vehicle for free. All you have to pay for are the bay fees. Get the skills you need to feel safe. Classes are offered every Wednesday from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. Classes can be tailored at different times to groups upon request. Basic maintenance classes include:
- Brake service
- Oil change
- Maintenance checks
- Roadside assistance
- Youth specific classes may be offered with Girl Scouts Badge, Edge Program, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, Credit Card, Money Order and Checks in US Dollars.
2. What age do my children need to be to work in the bay area with me?
Children need to be at least 14 years old and accompanied by an adult. No children under the age of 14 are permitted in the Automotive Skills Center.
3. Do I need to show proof of ownership before signing my vehicle into the shop?
Yes, a valid USAREUR Registration is required.
4. Can I perform fuel maintenance?
Yes, you may replace injectors, fuel filters and components related to the fuel system in the shop.
5. What is the towing service number?
This beneficial service is offered to ID Card Holders with proof of ownership (registration) anywhere in Germany for a minimal fee. Limited hours for this. Please contact:
Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-531-2949
6. What do the specific services entail?
The Automotive Skills Center is your resource for maintaining your vehicle, making minor and major repairs or restoring that classic in the garage. We offer special services to help you on your way, to include:
Car Detailing Service: This service entails the cleaning of your car inside, outside, and under hood, hand wax, buffing, interior protectant and leather conditioner. You can chose one or all of these services offered pertaining to car detailing. Detailing can be tailored to fit your needs and budget.
Welding Service: This service is offered to repair exhaust or rusted areas on your vehicle. Must be scheduled in advance.
Towing Service: This service is offered anywhere within Germany, during normal operating hours; otherwise, earlier or later times may be coordinated by appointment with the tow-truck driver.
Tire Change and Balance Services: This service is performed by our friendly staff on a walk-in basis.
Oil Change Services: This service is performed by our friendly staff on a walk-in basis.
7. What are the prices for each service?
General prices for our services are listed within the blue drop-down menus above. Please know, these prices may vary based on services utilized. Call us for additional information.
8. How can I make an appointment/reservation?
Call or stop by the Automotive Skills Center:
Smith Barracks, Bldg. 8438
Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-531-2949
9. To what extent will the staff assist me with my car repair?
Our friendly staff is available to provide guidance and pointers; however, hands-on assistance by staff is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Staff will only assist where competent and comfortable with the requested job. Cost of assistance is $5 per 15 minutes.
Automotive Skills Center
Auto Skills is your resource for maintaining your vehicle, making minor and major repairs or restoring that classic in the garage. Family and MWR’s Automotive Skills Program offers a modern working environment complete with individual work bays, state-of-the-art mechanical tools and a team of qualified and trained staff ready to help. Pay nominal fees to rent:
The Automotive Skills Program is accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level or training. Youth under 16 are not permitted in bays (unless for youth specific classes).