- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What SKIES classes are offered?
There are a wide variety of SKIES classes offered throughout the year. For a complete list of current classes, please visit WebTrac.
2. When does registration start and end?
Registration dates vary depending on the classes. Registration ends, however, prior to the beginning of instruction. For all registration times and dates, please visit WebTrac for full details.
3. Where can I find a calendar of field trips?
SKIES classes do not take field trips.
4. How do you know if the spots are all filled?
If you utilize the WebTrac website, you will see how many spaces are available, as well as locations of classes, fees and more. Or, you may call Parent Central Services at Commercia +49 (0)6783-6-7003.
5. Is there a waiting list form?
SKIES classes do not have a form for waiting lists.
6. Does the program cost anything?
Yes, SKIES classes generally have an associated fee. Fees are determined by the instructors and vary by class. Go to WebTrac for a list of all classes and their fees.
7. What is the fee schedule?
Fees are determined by the instructors and vary by class. Go to WebTrac for a list of all classes and their fees.
8. Do you have to live on base to use the program?
No. Any patron with logistical support and MWR privileges may use SKIES programs.
9. What makes a child eligible for SKIES Unlimited?
Any patron with logistical support and MWR privileges may use SKIES programs. Patrons must be registered with CYSS and must meet the age requirements for the corresponding class.
10. How do I register my child with CYS Services?
Visit Parent Central Services to register in building 8876 in upper Wetzel. Go to Register - Parent Central Services for all the forms and information required for registration.
11. How will I be notified if a class/sport cancelled and/or was called for weather?
If a class is cancelled or rescheduled, you will be called or emailed by the instructor. Please make sure the instructor had accurate contact information at the start of classes. You may also contact Parent Central Services at Commercial +49 (0)6783-6-7003 to check on the status of your classes.
12. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
13. How can you become a contracted instructor?
To become a contracted instructor, please contact the SKIES Director at Commercial +49 (0)6783-6-6969. We are always looking for qualified instructors to increase the number of instructional classes we can provide. Becoming a SKIES instructor can be a fun and fulfilling way to increase your income!
SKIESUnlimited is a program that offers a variety of cultural, artistic, and physical activities for youth. Programs range from toddler music classes, engineering courses, music and dance classes, soccer, karate, and much more.
You can sign up for these courses by first registering with the Army Child Youth and School Services department at two different locations:
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities